Application: Precitech Planoform 650 Ultra™ Diamond Turning Machine.
See the performance report for this unit.
Temperature Control Results:
Critical Point held at 20.5 ºC +/- 0.01 ºC in a +/- 2.25 °C environment (215:1). Performs with high reliability even with frequent thermal variation in the room.
- Existing Precitech Planoform 650 Ultra™ Diamond Turning Machine
- Discrete air inlet ducts attached to the Praecis ATCU via ducting complete with porous fabric air distribution .
- Standard Precitech enclosure with sliding doors and roof panels.
- Precitech-supplied air duct attachment. The air duct has two vents, one located on each end of the enclosure. The width of each vent is 70 mm.
- Air distribution system does not impede operator and part access.
2 x 1.1 x 1.8 m (W x D x H) (Inside dimensions.)
Footprint: 2.2 m²
Volume: 3.96 m³
Air Velocity: 0.41 m/sec
By using a Praecis ATCU-9 with the Precitech Planoform 650 Ultra™, the ATCU is able to offer a greater range of air flow rates to cool the part to the desired temperature during operation. The ATCU-9 is then moved for operation on a different much larger system after use.